Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Review: My Soul To Save

Yes, yes, I know. Squared Reviews has been ignored. Hopefully we can fix that.

My Soul To Save by Rachel Vincent
(279 pages)

“If she were going to die, I’d already be screaming. I’m a banshee. That’s what we do.”

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk....


First of, I love Rachel Vincent. She's one of my favorite authors. I started reading her Werecat series a while ago and was thrilled to find out that she had a YA series coming out soon. She didn't disappoint. My Soul To Take was wonderful, as was My Soul To Save, the second book in the Soul Screamers series.


Kaylee is a great character. She's strong, caring, thoughtful and smart. Exactly what a heroine should be. Nash is the ideal guy. He truly loves Kaylee and would do anything to help her. I like the fact that he doesn't let his popularity rule him and who he dates. I love him! It helps that he sounds gorgeous, too! ;p Together, Kaylee and Nash are the perfect couple of Soul  Screaming heroes.

Tod is another character that I can't get enough of. He's hilarious! I'm always wondering what he'll say or do next. He really adds something to the novels. I'd actually really like to see a novel -or at least a novella- featuring him! I'd probably laugh my way through it. Tod's an amazingly complex character, and I really felt for him throughout MSTS.

The plot. God, Rachel Vincent comes up with some damn good ideas. Who else would have thought to write a book about bean shides? (Did I spell that right?) Who would have thought to add the twists and turns that she did? Exactly! no one!

I can't wait to read the next book, My Soul To Keep! Time can't move fast enough!

I give My Soul To Save 4.8 squares! :)

Robyn

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Rachel Vincent yet. I know, crazy, right? But this series is on my TBR list. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

    You have an adorable blog. I just became your latest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Sounds like a fantastic book - thank you.

    ReplyDelete